May... and running outside again

I can finally say that it feels normal to be running outside again. Seems like the days of starting at stupid numbers on a treadmill are far behind me, and it is a good feeling. Mixing it up more with trail, road and track this year already - it is such a good feeling.

Still not feeling comfortable in any shoes - I guess that is not surprising. Even when I am running I am not comfortable in any shoes. In fact, my feet feel the worst lying in bed. So, it is just the MS, kinda doesn't matter about the shoes. But that won't stop me from finding the most comfortable shoe for me...

After talking to a friend and runner I am seriously considering the Hoka One One's. They are kinda crazy out there as far as shoes are concerned...



Massive cushioning and unapologetic about it. This may be better for me than my not quite successful attempts to minimalize. My greatest success was in my Brooks Adrenalines last year, so either I was not able to, or just couldn't fully convert to minimalist. I'm not going to stop trying though. I still firmly believe in natural running form and the foot-ground experience. I still want to be a barefoot runner, but my lack of sensation in the soles of my feet is a pretty big challenge...

So, trying to get in a groove, run slow and increase my miles per week. Also planning to add fun 5k's and obstacle courses throughout the season, leading up to my marathon attempt in October or November. Right now I am thinking Newport Marathon on Oct. 13. But may push it out to a November marathon.

Signed up the whole family for a 5k trail run this weekend! Pictures next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Steroid Infusion Day 3 of 5