slowly picking up the pace

I have been back at running for about two weeks now. I am starting slowly, today, I clocked in at 4.01 miles, my longest run since December.



But there is a lot to catch up on, so here goes.

The orthopedic surgeon said that I have some osteo-arthritis in my knees. But didn't think that was the root cause of my knee pain, there is no reason to believe it hasn't been there for a while. They normally form after minor injury recoveries, which is reasonable from a lifetime of soccer with no major knee injuries. He also noted my right patela is out of alignment. Now, there we go, that makes sense. I've always noticed my right arm tends to go out of the path. Not to mention I have felt out of alignment since going to see the chiropractor. Well, great, but how to solve it. I am taking a dual approach. Seeing a Physical Therapist twice a week, for strengthening my balance, some taping and stretching, as well as ultra-sound on my knees. Also I have a running coach at my gym now, he is a core running guru and will help me adopt minimalist running style by strengthening my core and working on hip flexibility and proper stride. PT is already paying off, the running coach is still a work in progress after only 2 session.

As of now, no new knee pain after two+ solid weeks of running. Oh, I am also reducing from 4 to 3 days of running per week and working on upper body strengthening because of my new April race objective! MS Muck Ruckus in Boston. I have a team, with family, friends and coworkers:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/teamforesto

And please don't hesitate to donate to bring us closer to a cure, new medication, treatments or anything to keep all of us MS'ers as active as possible!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_MUCK_2013_MuckFest_donate

Search for my name and click "Donate."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Quarterly update :)

Played indoor soccer tonite