Cool training plan technology

It has been killing me lately that I have not reached my goals for weekly mileage, speed training, etc. But, I do have to listen to my body and it is telling me to slow down. Fortunately the cool program at runcoach.com was able to adapt and adjust my training plan to suit where I am right now with my running.

I toned down my weekly mileage from 26 to 16, which is accurate. I turned off the speed work at the track and added an easy run instead of a threshold run each week. Now:


  • Sunday - long run
  • Monday - off
  • Tuesday - pace run
  • Wednesday - cross/swim
  • Thursday - easy run
  • Friday - easy run
  • Saturday - cross

This looks great it is exactly what I needed to preserve my motivation and dynamically modify my routine. I am going to aim for slowly increasing my mileage once again. And, even more important, I am excited again! Instead of a mega speed workout at the track today, which I might have skipped/avoided I now .75 warm up  .75 cool down and an uptempo 3 mile run in between. I think I can handle that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Quarterly update :)

MuckFest MS 2014