Week off to recover

Listening to my body, felt all out of whack last week, I was probably running too fast, moving to my new Newtons too fast, running too far, not rested enough... or something. But my body was telling me it didn't feel good so it was really hard but I took a week off!

Also at some point last week I ran out of one of my meds for a couple days. I have since refilled it and one of my trouble spots - sore hips on waking up, is gone. The whole experience left me feeling out of balance, like one foot was striking harder than the other, one hip was more sore, opposite knee was sore... So I started to go to a Chiropractor this week. Couple visits, a nice adjustment to my neck, and going over the X-Rays. I'm not sure I buy this 100% but I am giving it a shot. The X-Rays showed my lumbar spine was twisted, rotated slightly and off center. My cervical spine was straight, none of the expected curve - maybe from too much computer time. And some temperature measuring devices looking for differences between one side of the back of my neck to the other. I dunno that seems kinda like voodoo to me, I am not buying it either.

For a few hours after the adjustment to my neck I felt great though, normally I can tilt my head slightly to one side and crack it, which helps for like 30 seconds.... This lasted a few hours, but it is back to where it was before now. I am going back tomorrow.

I am firing back up my core workouts and running though and I am pretty excited. It is a whole new season up here outside Boston - I'm 5 miles from Marathon start - and I love running in cooler weather. It is clearly a LOT easier on my body neurologically than the heat.

For a week or so I am going off the training routine and just going by the miles. No speed workouts, tempo or threshold running for now. I hope I can get back to those after 7-10 days. Also I think it is critical that I stop skipping the Swim/Wednesday and Bike/Saturdays...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Played indoor soccer tonite