Trying to get back on the horse

It is taking longer than I thought. I don't know what happened between my great time in the half-marathon and trying to up my mileage to prepare for a marathon. I guess I knew it would be hard, but my body seems to be letting me down.

I have probably tried to move too fast in adding speed work. I am slowing down and trying to run about 75-80% of my planned mileage starting today. Looks like my schedule has a light week this week, so I will follow it and see how I feel for my long run on Sunday. This past Sunday was the first time I've missed doing any miles on Sunday and hopefully represents just a single low point on my road to recovery!

4 miles today, ran in my Newtons. Probably shouldn't have changed my shoes :( my hip flexors were getting sore at the end, but not too bad. My right foot went numb though, felt like I only had a club for a foot. I don't remember that feeling since my first ever 5k a few years ago which I didn't train for at all. Sucked, I had to walk for a few and it started to go back to normal. At the end of my run, it immediately felt fine. Not sure what happened, but definitely tried to go back to my Newtons too soon.

I'm stuck now, should I continue to try to integrate those shoes? Or just wait until after 4/15 and then use them for recovery and new training? That is where I am leaning now. However, I want to be able to run with the lack of pain/discomfort that are the promise of Newtons -- just that right now it is not working out.

Tomorrow 5.5 miles, I'll take it easy and train in the Klonky Brooks Adrenalines. Hard to complain though, they do work....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

MuckFest MS 2014