Another update

It is really good news that I've worked out my kinks from the previous few weeks. All last week and so far this week I am feeling nag-free! Especially great since I ran my furthest - 9 miles on this past Sunday. Here let's see if I can paste it in from garminconnect.



I ran into a friend on my 9 mile run and would have liked to stop but instead I just kept running, I was in the zone! I'm sure she understands.

So, on the negative side I am still fighting with occasional flare-ups of the MS. They are coming in two different angles. First, my back parasthesia is sometimes problematic, but this seems to be almost 100% related to lack of sleep. Which is odd because I sleep well, but I'm pretty busy and usually up too late reading a book... The other is also parasthesia which is affecting my arms and hands. The way I would describe is that it feels like my hand or arm is wet, when it is not! It's discomforting and worrisome, but not completely unexpected - it is just the way the disease works.

I have formally registered for the half at the end of September. One more piece of motivation I can use. Although I don't need much at this point, the fact that I just ran 9 miles is enough! I'm very proud of myself and feel like I am winning my battle. Not much on the barefoot running front as far as combating parasthesia/pain in my feet, but foot massage balls revitalize my feet and relieve some pain. I am sticking with them for now.

Post half-marathon I will try to incorporate some trail running in my Merrell barefoot shoes - but that is still some 6 weeks away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Quarterly update :)

Chilling at the Cape House