Fun with needles

Actually it wasn't fun, at all.

Although I suppose that after about 100 injections there are bound to be a few that don't go as planned. In this case the integrity of the syringe gave way in the middle of my injector. The result was a big prick on my right upper arm that just caused some bleeding, and absolutely no medicine to be injected.

I kept the needle and will contact my Rebif nurse in the morning, the top part of the needle, where the plunger enters the syringe cracked, causing some sort of jam-up in the auto-injector. I took it apart and there didn't seem to be anything left inside, so I warmed up another needle (takes about an hour) and injected my other arm. I figured my right arm had suffered enough for the day.

Hopefully I've done the right thing. I took a close look at the first needle, and there was definitely no movement of the plunger. In fact the liquid in the syringe looked identical to a syringe after the auto-injector fired on needles that I had forgotten to uncap -- the liquid gets frothy/bubbly.

Quite enough fun for one night, all I'm asking for is relatively painless injections with no drama, i s that too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Played indoor soccer tonite