class for my medication

The prescription I have for my MS medication, Rebif, works a bit different than usual. Not only is it astoundingly expensive (before insurance), but it requires that I become certified to use the injection kit. A nurse from MS Lifelines contacted me shortly after the pharmacy shipped my kit via fedex. It was shipped overnight in a refrigerated carton (from Fall River of all places). She scheduled me for next Monday for my training class, I expect to start the medication at that time as well.

She is trying to track down the "Rebiject" self-administration kit for me during the week. This web site also states there is a Titration Kit available, I'm supposed to take a gradually increasing dosage, as stated on my prescription on the box, but don't have a kit. I'll have to call their support staff and request the Injector, Titration Kit and Travel Kit.

I hope it all goes well, taking an injection will have to become routine, and managing the side-effects will be yet another challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

MuckFest MS 2014