Treatment begins Monday

Instead of Friday, as I had previously planned, my treatment will start Monday with steroid IV for five straight days. The Dr. said I could become ornery and I'm relishing that possibility - so lookout! But Kris has drugs to calm me down and is in charge of keeping me stable :).

This unfortunately coincides with our long-planned trip to Cape Cod Vacation, which has become a harbinger of bad times for my family... We'll have to plan many more trips so it that it doesn't feel this way for much longer!

I'll be trying to put together a plan to minimize travel and maximize vacation time. If the treatment is each day at noon, which I'm pretty sure Monday is at noon. It might look something like this:

Mon - Drive up to Milford, infuse the roids, stay overnight in Milford
Tue - Infuse the roids, rest, drive back to the Cape
Wed - Drive to Milford, infuse the roids, stay overnight in Milford
Thu - Infuse the roids, rest, drive back to the Cape
Fri - Drive to Milford, infuse the roids, drive back to the Cape

I dunno, that may be optimistic and we'll play it by ear a bit. But, everyone who has volunteered to be my driver will have to live up to my expectations. Scott, Kris, Dad are you good enough! Maybe Lawrence will have to drive...

Comments

pep said…
I think we can get you back and forth to the cape between the bunch of us. You can snooze on the way! I'm sure the morning commute back from the cape on the weekend won't be that bad. Besides the distance from the cape to Milford is only like a Texas mile!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

MuckFest MS 2014