Steroid Infusion Day 2 of 5

After the lumbar puncture it was a long ride down to the Cape. I had a headache during much of the trip but didn't think much of it, especially since I've had migraines for 15 years. Unfortunately I had more headaches Sat. and Sun. but tried to take Advil to keep them at bay.

On Monday after driving back up to Milford Hospital with another headache I sat down for the infusion. This wasn't bad, having an IV inserted was unpleasant but ranked low on the scale compared to recent tests. I developed a yucky metallic taste in my mouth but hey, that's nothing, right? My headache continued until I was lying down flat and subsided pretty quickly once I was on my back.

Tuesday we went out for breakfast with Scott, Chrystal and Finley I felt pretty good going in the morning but developed a fierce headache right before breakfast. I wolfed it down, took the Prilosec (which I guess protects your stomach from the steroids) and drove into the Infusion Suite.

Lying down my headache got better pretty quickly and they started the infusion. This time I had no bad side effects other than having to pee 6 times in about 1.5 hours and the headache when I got up. The nurse who assisted in Lumbar Puncture 1 came over to see how I was doing and how the 2nd Lumbar Puncture went. I mentioned to her about my continuing headaches and she stressed that it was really important to call my nuerologist immediately. So, I did that and my neurologist has advised me to get to the ER for relief.

What I will probably have there is a Blood Patch or an IV Caffeinee drip. We'll see, not having a headache would make my overall feeling of well-being increase dramatically. I may even see some improvement of my symptoms from the steroids if I didn't have this headache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Played indoor soccer tonite