The Lumbar Puncture (take 2)

The mixture of drugs, reduction in stress and my ability to meditate helped make this an easy operation. The radiologist was a tall guy who popped into the room after the nurses and techs did all the prep work. He jabbed me with novacaine, let it sink in, jabbed further, etc. I made it through that fairly well so I was feeling quite optimistic. In my head I repeated the matra, 'cuddle', 'Tyler' and envisioned us curled up on the couch watching Cars the movie for hours.

There was a single pluck on one of my spinal strings that sent a shock down my right foot, but I hardly felt any more after that. A few minutes later the CSF was collected. I got off the bed pretty quick and wondered briefly why this wasn't what we did first! Ugh, no use with train of thought. Sat in the recovery room for about twenty, got home and lied down in bed 3.5 hours. Got up and we're packing for the Cape now. Onward to the next steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

MuckFest MS 2014