EMG

The EMG was a test of the nerves in my legs. It consisted of rudimentary torture techniques [sic]and a computer graphing my responses to the pain.

Ok, not quite, but the test included zapping me with an electric current and mapping my response on the machine. This continued for a good 40 minutes and included the test designed to weaken my nerve by continual shocking (torture really isn't a bad way to describe this). Fortunately my nerve was kicking ass and didn't tire -- unfortunately that meant she had to do it several more times!

Then the Dr. came in to see if I had any pain tolerance left, or if I would crack. He did this by inserting a needle attached to the computer into various muscles in my leg while asking me to flex the pierced muscle! That was fun too, next time I will make a game out of it and pretend to be a captured spy in the USSR.

It appears the results of this test were normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Steroid Infusion Day 3 of 5