Steroid Infusion Day 3 of 5

Today I was due for (another) new IV, a vial of blood to test my Potassium and Glucose levels from being on steroids. My veins were uncooperative again, the nurse couldn't get it into my right hand, so she warmed up my left and got the IV into my forearm. It's relatively comfortable there as it's stable and doesn't move when I do things with my arm. She pulled a vial of blood and then got the Steroid drip started up at full tilt.

My face was getting flushed but otherwise I felt pretty good. I learned at the end that my first vial wans't going to cut it, they needed to take another, so they came in and grabbed another vial from my fight inside elbow. Cool, stabbed three times when I was expecting one!

Headed home to rest a bit before getting up the strength to head back to the Cape where Tyler and the rest of my family are.

I wrote this as a Thank You to my wife. This hits us all hard, but she has to put it all together and keep Tyler happy and safe, myself happy and safe (and make sure I speak up for my own good), and keep our family informed. That's a lot to ask during this period, this doesn't sum up how grateful I am, maybe I need a Haiku eventually. But it's a start.

THANK YOU KRISTEN

Comments

You and Kristen are each strong in your own ways, and together, you two make a perfect and balanced team of strength.

I glad that Kristen gives you comfort and strength in your time of need. Only you guys know what is best for your own family, and you especially know what is best for Tyler. I give you guys some major kudos for keeping it together thus far, and I am *always* keeping you guys at the forefront of my thoughts and prayers.

I am unsure of what I can offer you in a time like this, maybe nothing of real value. But I send all our love and support--if you guys need anything, I hope we are somewhere on your list of people to call.

And Mike, stay strong! You are amazing!
BTW, it's me, Kristina. I didn't realize that my blogger name would show.
Anonymous said…
Hey Mike, It's Michelle...and old voice from good ol' Ohlson Circle. Of course I heard about all of this from the infamous Bridge Group grapevine. I'm sorry to hear about all that you are facing, but grateful that you are surrounded by such amazing support. Your son is certainly a source of peace and strength, I'm sure. Three is an age of wonderous excitement and energy, and is delightfully contagious. Know that there are positive thoughts coming your way from out here in the Midwest too.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter 2015 Training Plan

Chilling at the Cape House

Played indoor soccer tonite